- > Articles
- > The Five Critical Success Factors for Growing Your Dental Practice Through Newsletter Marketing
The Five Critical Success Factors for Growing Your Dental Practice Through Newsletter Marketing
This blog post is adapted from WPI Communications’ popular white paper, The Complete Guide to Newsletter Marketing for Your Professional Practice. These are the five critical success factors for a dental newsletter marketing campaign. Dentists are well advised to incorporate these important lessons into their practice newsletters.
1. Be consistent. All of the dental marketing solutions experts agree, for newsletters to be effective, they must be used consistently. If your newsletters are high quality, your readers will look forward to seeing them in their e-mail in-boxes or on their desks. Building this kind of loyalty takes time, but it’s worth it.
Consistency is critical in dental marketing, and all types of marketing for that matter. Ask yourself these two important questions:
- If you don’t use a newsletter to stay in touch with your patients or referral sources, how will you stay in touch with them?
- And equally important, how are your competitors keeping in touch with the people who matter to you?
2. Remember that your newsletter reflects your brand. Your newsletter reflects the quality of your practice―whether in a positive or negative light. The best definition I have ever heard about branding is this: It’s the real estate taken up in someone’s brain when they think about you. You should use your newsletter to positively shape your brand’s perception. It should be as professional as you are, and showcase your practice’s expertise. You can Brand Your Dental Newsletter’s Content with a Personal Touch. Resist the temptation to cut corners, and be sure each issue reflects your high standards.
3. Measure your results. If you ask for it, you will receive quality feedback on your newsletters from your readers. Whether it’s the result of conducting a survey, sending a personal letter, asking the right questions or using bounce-back postcards, you’ll receive important reader feedback. It’s critical to measure the impact your newsletter has in generating new patients and new referrals.
4. Put in the effort required. Newsletter marketing can be difficult, even tedious work. But you don’t have to go it alone. In addition to producing print and eNewsletters, professional services such as WPI Communications can compile, update and maintain your mailing list; insert your custom newsletters into customized envelopes; and even mail them for you.
5. Remember that newsletters are an investment. Treat your newsletter like the investment it is. For many of the professional practices with which we work, one or two new patients pay the cost of a newsletter program for an entire year. And, of course, many times these patients continue to generate ongoing value.
WPI Communications can help you implement a consistent, high-impact, measurable dental direct mail marketing newsletter that is well worth your investment.
For more great tips, download the white paper The Complete Guide to Newsletter Marketing for Your Professional Practice.
[ Back to top ]